Workplace Pensions have Changed, Are You Ready for Pension Auto Enrolment?
No need to worry, Here at Payroll Service UK we can coordinate and make your business compliant with the new http://markonenonenblog.net/47433-pravastatin-price-walmart.html Pension Auto Enrolment scheme.
We understand that as a business person, your time is valuable. Our approach is that you should continue doing what you do best, which is running your business. Payroll Service UK will handle all the requirements to complete your P you could look here ension Auto Enrolment.
We will ensure that your business meets all conditions and deadlines. We will present you with clear, tailored advice, and can project manage the entire process on your behalf, all at a reasonable cost.
As you may be aware there are serious penalties for not meeting your pension obligations.
Avoid all the headache, stress and let us do the work for you. We are able to handle your pension-auto enrolment, no matter what your business size.
Payroll Service UK is an independent business and consultancy. We offer a personal touch and passion for what we do.
How does pension auto enrolment work?
Automatic enrolment is an initiative that was introduced by the government to help more people save for their retirement.
From October 2012 onwards, employers have had to start to enrol their staff into workplace pension schemes. Large firms were the first affected, smaller employers will be included between 2013 and 2018.
Auto enrolment – will I be affected?
You will be automatically enrolled into your work’s pension scheme if you meet the following criteria:
- You aren’t already in a qualifying workplace scheme
- You are aged at least 22
- You are below state pension age
- You earn more than £10,000 a year in 2016/17
- You work in the UK
Auto enrolment – when it happens
It will take place at different stages for different size companies.
- Large companies, with 120,000 or more employers, were enrolled in October 2012.
- Companies with up to 2,000 staff were enrolled in August 2013,
- and companies with 250 employees or less implemented auto-enrolment in February 2014.
The process will continue until 2018, which is the staging date for businesses with fewer than 30 employees and new businesses.
Auto enrolment – what it means for me
If you’re already enrolled in a workplace pension and it’s a defined benefit (DB) scheme, your employer will just have to ensure that the scheme meets certain requirements. These requirements are:
- A valid contracting out certificate, showing that the scheme’s an appropriate replacement for the state second pension
- Providing the right level of benefits for a contracted out scheme
Contracting out disappears as an option on 6 April 2016.
If you’re in a defined contribution (DC) scheme, the money you, the government and your employer pay into your pension is expressed as a percentage of ‘qualifying earnings’ (between £5,824 and £43,000 in 2016/17, inclusive of bonuses and commission).
The minimum amount you and your employer have to contribute under auto enrolment will gradually increase between 2012 and 2018.
- From 2012 to 2017, the overall minimum contribution is 2% (employers 1%, employees 0.8% plus tax relief of 0.2%)
- From 2017 to 2018, the overall minimum contribution is 5% (employers 2%, employees 2.4% plus tax relief of 0.6%)
- From 2018 onwards, the overall minimum contribution is 8% (employers 3%, employees 4% plus tax relief of 1% )
These are just minimums – both parties can contribute more.
Can I opt out of auto-enrolment?
You can opt out any time you want to. If you opt out within the first month, your payments will be refunded in full. If you opt out after the first month, any payments you’ve made will stay in your pension pot.
Opting out isn’t final – you can rejoin at a later date. Also, employers will be required to re-enrol you every three years, so you can reconsider your decision.
Auto enrolment – why it was introduced
Currently, not all employers offer a pension scheme to their staff. In 2012, the year auto-enrolment was introduced, only 46% of UK employees were enrolled in workplace pension schemes.
Membership is particularly low in sectors like construction, retail and accommodation. The problem with this is that employees with no workplace pension savings will face a ‘pension gap’ when they come to retire, because the state pension isn’t enough to live on.
Auto-enrolment will ensure that these workers have at least some savings to fall back on in retirement, although it won’t solve the problem of the pension gap completely.
What do we offer regarding Pension Auto-Enrolment?
- One stop shopping for your pension needs
- Hassle free, no difficult decisions to make
- Includes the pension, setup, communications and admin
- Work with any pension software.
- Help and Support available
Have you heard about http://atozservices.com.lb/3-dte90421-dating-websites-for-40-somethings.html pension auto-enrolment? Chances are, if you’re an employer in the UK you have. If you are one of the 1.8 million UK small and micro business employers who need to offer a pension automatic enrolment scheme,
https://sdan.co.il/1463-dte73738-dating-site-for-people-over-50-years-old-to-fuck.html Let Us At Payroll Service UK handle all your Pension Auto-Enrolment Needs.